Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recap: Asher 14 Months Old




I haven't blogged in a long time.  I'd say I feel guilty about it, but I totally don't because I have been having way too much fun with my TODDLER.  That's right, I said toddler.  Asher is almost 14 months old and I cannot even begin to believe it.  He is a walking, talking, little stack of pure joy that leaves a path of destruction in his wake.  Because I don't have the time nor the patience to blog about all of the truly amazing experiences I've had with him over the last sixish months (or however long it's been since I've blogged) I'll just give some bullets.

  • I am proud to announce that he is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!  Hooray!!!  It started happening maybe a month ago.  I never had to do anything traumatizing, I didn't have to "train" him by letting him scream for hours, I didn't even have to turn off the monitor.  He just started sleeping.  Every once in a while he stirs and asks to nurse--but I'd say he sleeps through the night at least five nights a week.  Also, the nights he sleeps through the night he sleeps in an extra 1-2 hours in the morning.  Go figure.
  • Yes, I am still nursing.  I've kinda started weaning.  I give one bottle of cow milk to him everyday.  I think I have plans to give one more, which would just put me down to nursing before Asher's nap and before bed, but I'm no sure.  Whatever--we'll see what happens.
  • Asher is running all over the place.  He has no fear when it comes to walking/running.  We are on bloody lip number five and countless bumps and bruises, but it doesn't seem to stop this daredevil.
  • While he is bold in his physical movements, Asher is going through this shy phase.  I'm not sure if it's a phase or if it's just his personality, but he doesn't like loud places or new people.  Once he warms up he's great but he really prefers to be buried in mom's arms than have to meet new people.  
  • He can identify his head, doggy's nose, and his feet.  It is really cute.  Like, seriously the cutest thing ever.  Yesterday we were working on "button" (for belly button) he had it, but then lost it.  We'll keep working, stay tuned.
  • Words he says: mama, dada, doggie, papa, up (this is his clearest and cutest word), out, ago (his way of saying again), out, shoes (or "oos" as he says it), leaf, hat, doe (avocado) and car.  Signs he knows: milk, all done, more, bread, apple, banana, gentle, snack, giraffe, hippo,zebra, doggie, and water.
  • Favorite food:  bread.  Bread bread bread bread bread bread bread.  If someone on tv is eating a sandwich, he has a meltdown for bread.  If he can see the package of bread, he won't rest until he eats some.  He's addicted.  
  • He LOVES books.  He is so cute: he goes over to his bookshelf, grabs a book, brings it over to us and sits in our lap and starts turning the pages.  He usually likes us to read him the book, and then he goes to the beginning and "reads" it back to us.  He gets mad if we don't pay attention.  This is seriously like the happiest part of my day.
  • His favorite person in the entire world is Wilson.  Loves him, asks for him when he cries, points to him if he walks by, giggles uncontrollably if Wilson pays him any attention.  It is very sweet.  Wilson is rather apathetic about the whole situation.
  • He bites his friends.  He goes in to give them a kiss, gets excited, and bites instead.  I'm hoping this doesn't mean that he's some sort of sociopath or is unable to love or something.  Stay tuned.
Truly, I am still the HAPPIEST I've ever been.  I honestly feel grateful that I get such an amazing son to share life with.  He is happy and I just think he's great.


No comments:

Post a Comment