Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lessons Learned in Cloth Diapering: Newborn

So I spent most of my pregnancy researching cloth diapers.  I knew I wanted to cloth diaper even before I was preggo--good for my baby, good for the environment, cute, and CHEAP.  What I had decided to do was use infant sized prefolds and covers for the first couple of months, and when Asher was around 12 pounds start doing one-size diapers.   This is what my sister-in-law did, this is what most moms do.
Didn't work for me.  The prefolds were so bulky his legs would stick straight up in the air--forget getting clothes over them!  I did find that newborn sized diapers worked well, but are pretty expensive (at least $10 each). 
What I ended up doing was keep a couple of "cute" cloth that was tiny sized, but sell most of the others and just do disposable.  Seriously, the newborn sized diapers at target are $5 a box and have 50 diapers.  Maybe I'll try again next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment